Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dont cheat!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kserg, Jun 23, 2005.

1. powerslave

powerslave Guest

Feb 24, 2005
    United States
    Damnnnn!!! I'd hate to be him :D

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    WHy isnt it bought yet?

3. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    It is...

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    my bad.

That sucks. Think its a scam? I mean that car for like a dollar?

5. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I personally think it's a joke/prank/tease. But hey, weirder things have happened.

6. Now, if England had just gone to the Euro like everyone else in Europe, this guy wouldn't have made a simple conversion error and sold his Lotus for 50 pence by mistake. One happy "Buy it now" customer I bet....

Randy

7. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Wow, I would hate to be that guy. But, I would hate to be married to such a vengeful wife more.

8. I've got to watch Ebay more often.

Guys are a little better. Not much. When I was looking for my first house, I found one like 5 bedrooms, a pool, huge lot, for WAY too little money. LIke the price of a 3 bedroom 1000 sq foot ranch. I was cynical, didn't jump on it, bam, it was sold. I dont' remember the price, it was more than .50 though....

Turns out same sort of deal, divorce coming up, guy had to sell it and split the money with the wife. Hated her so much he was willing to take it up the keyster as well, just to get her.

Randy

Love is grand, but it sure can leave a mess to clean up afterwards.

9. Kaboom

Kaboom

Jun 13, 2005
    i dont see a licence plate...

10. Mr.Phil

Mr.Phil

Apr 9, 2005
    Upstate NY
    Doesn't make too much sense... She says she's the registered owner, so its not like she's selling her husband's car. Just plain stupid...

11. yeah, but the wife has a reason...

12. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    That was my immediate thought.

13. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I don't know, the pic might be squished a bit, but some of the stuff doesn't look right for an Esprit.

And the dude definitely doesn't look like someone who would have the ladies beating down his door to cheat with, even with the cool car.

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yeah, I don't get this. If she owns the car, just don't let him drive it.

-Mike

15. Kaboom

Kaboom

Jun 13, 2005
    bingo! that aint an esprit. It struck me as very weird when i first saw the pic as the esprit has always been the straight-lines-shoe-box model from lotus, and that was WAY too many curves. when u mentioned it i looked for a pic of the real esprit:
    [​IMG]

16. Oh yes... This is lovely.

If she is the registered owner (presumably due to tax reasons) then she has every right to sell this car legitimately and he wouldn't really have any comeback.

It's cold, but it's very effective!

He sounds like a bit of a plonker anyway, doesn't he?
    [​IMG]

Oooh... and I love the feedback from the buyer:
    "thank you hayley the car is excellent thank your hubby for me"

Although.... Check out her feedback. Something slightly suspicious

17. presenter propositions female guest on his show and his wife sells his car?

I bet Johnathon Ross is checking whose name all his property is in right now;)

18. Why would someone buy so many of the same book and why would she have so many copies of it? Maybe she's shipping crack within it or something.