1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Don't fear the sixer... my new Spector

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by landry.bass, Oct 5, 2008.

1. So, I've been in the market for a five-string for a long while now, and had never really decided on a bass to get. Well, out of the blue the other day, one of my guitar players called me to tell me that he had picked up a sweet bass in a local Pawn Shop he works in every now and then. He brought it to our practice space and I checked it out.

At first I was nervous about it... it had six strings... I won't lie, that tiny little string at the top was REALLY intimidating me. Anyways, he asked if I wanted to buy it off him for what he payed, and i said I'd have to take it home to try it out first. That was fine, and so I played for about three hours one night, and decided it played really surprisingly well for something with a big fat neck I wasn't accustomed to (the neck is actually amazing on this bass).

Anyways, long story short, I'm giving him the $400 he payed for it next time I see him. I'm super excited about this bass here are some tasty pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Erik B

Erik B

Sep 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    WOW I think you got a good deal

3. Same 6 that I want to try - you want to sell it let me know.

Congrats.

4. Don't plan on selling this beast any time soon. I like it WAY too much for that.

5. I had that same bass in the 5 string version. It sounded great - a good choice!

mip