Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Don't feel you deserve the gear you have/want? Read this!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    A buddy of mine came up with this idea to justify her upcoming amp purchase. It's such a great idea I thought I'd post it here. Check it out:

You pay yourself to practice. She's paying herself $10 an hour everytime she sits down to practice (actually practicing, not just goofing off). By the time she has enough money saved up for her new amp, not only will she have earned it, but she'll also have improved to the point that she deserves the new amp.

What an amazing concept! Absolutely brilliant. I wish I had thought of this myself - but even if I didn't, I'm putting into practice immediately. Since I discovered this new idea (last night), I've paid myself $30!! I'll have that new Warr guitar in no time flat!

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Or you can just spend your whole paycheck on King Crimson CDs. :smug:

brad cook

3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Well, I needed something to practice!

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    That's really cool!

Uh... now I got to find someone to pay me $10 to practice. :)

5. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Beats the hell out of cigarettes at five dollars a pack. :D

6. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Ha, I'm going to force myself into this as well! Then I'll feel I truly deserve that Sadowsky I'll be saving for!

7. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    I fear it's already far too late for me.

Locks himself in room for the next 23 years.

8. Well, as a part-time-working student who doesn't really spend money on much except going out with friends, and lives with his parents, I'm saving up all the money I make. I'm waiting to blow most of it on a new rig, as soon as it comes in, used. But it is a great idea for someone who has to pay a lot of bills and feels it's not worth justifying the purchase. Actually, I just can't justify any fretted bass purchase because I love mine so much!