Don't get "Wenzeled"!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Spector_Ray, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    This is what happens when you try to screw someone during a sale. This guy's a pariah for life now! This should be placed as a sticky on every classfied listing on every forum.

Folks, please remember that the forum rules apply not only to TalkBass, but direct links have to be compliant too

2. yikes...that really sucks...
    i hope nobody does that here!
    wow...65 pages worth of stuff!
  3. Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Man, it's sprouted legs and it's crawling all over the world. This guy's totally screwed!
  4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    FYI: that site ain't living by the same rules as TB in respect to language.... and shouldn't be linked to.
  5. wow...they found out his name, address, parents in depth!
  6. Some of those "men" were acting like kids themselves...
  7. Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    I didn't think of the language issue, but I did link it with the intention of warning people of thieves like this guy. Most of us have been duped at one time or another over goods and/or services and I was just wanting to let people see for themselves. I apologize to all my fellow TBers for linking to this site. I should've at least posted a disclaimer. If this needs to be dealt with by a moderator, please do so.
  8. its true...language aside, things like this should be out in the open imo, but its too bad all the language will probably prevent the link from being on TB for too long...
  9. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    why not remove the link and have people PM you for the link... I read the first 4 or 5 then the last 2. Site is being hammered and was VERY slow.
  10. C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    And that's why Bass player's are cool...

I'm only on the 3rd page??? I can't even speculate what the next 63 pages open into.

I've only been a TB member a short time, and (knock on wood) I haven't heard of anybody getting ripped off from another TB member. Brad did go through that brutal exchange... but other than that? I'm glad to be a member of such a great group of human beings. Here's to keeping TB that way. :hyper:
  11. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
  12. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    Can't he just label the link "NSFW -- language"? It's quite an object lesson for us Internet traders.
  13. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Holy poop on a stick this thread is funny. I've read through page 7 and it just gets funner.

Kinda reminds me of the P-p-powerBook. :D
  14. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    The Mods don't make the rules, Paul (the dude owning the place) does.

Every member here accepted this rule:

15. I'm on page 20.

I think I'll take a break, it took me about a half hour.
  16. C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Ok. Stopped at page 27 only because I'm done work and have to go home.

Long story short, since we're assuming the link will get deleted, he gets his money back. Then somebody finds his picture in a few high school yearbooks, and they photoshop him to no end... oh plus, the thread gets linked all over the place!

I'm still searching for the kid to post back after all of this. I've probably gone through a couple of pages, and he seems to be in hiding.
  17. I'd like to say it again.

Some of those "men" were acting like kids themselves...
  18. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
  19. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Tells something that the kid was smart enough to mess with a big community of truckheads. Civilized men in business suits drinking cappucino on a working lunch and willing to take $100 hit on scams because they don't have time to take care of it is not exactly what I'd think of such guys.

I bet he tries his luck with "The Ex-Convinct Harleys & Guns Forum" next? :rolleyes:
  20. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Can someone please send my nosy butt the link, please? :help: