Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Don't hate me because i'm beautiful

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassheavy, Jul 29, 2001.

1. bassheavy

bassheavy banned

[​IMG]

2. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    me wantey!

I saw P-nut using one of those in the new 311 video :eek:

311 rules.

3. bassheavy

bassheavy banned

now there's the love this fine piece of equipment deserves....

now, about that 311 stuff....they don't deserve love..

4. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    that does it! 311 doesnt need to be dissed by the likes of you. hmmph.

5. FleaisGod

FleaisGod Guest

Jun 18, 2000
    Atlanta, GA
    Heya,
    I saw 311 on warped he was using the mo'bass with a goliath. They rocked the house. P-nut plays just like he does on the records. He also used warwick 5's btw :)
    -rob

6. MikeyD

MikeyD

Sep 9, 2000
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    - Mike

7. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I tinkered with one of those for about an hour the other morning at GC. It was pretty cool, but a far, far, distant, words can't describe the length cry from being $1,500 cool.

For that kind of loot, I could get a very sweet pre and power stage and rack up a bunch of killer effects that perform better and are more usable.

If SWR gave me one, I'd play it too.

8. Pea-NUT

Pea-NUT

Jul 1, 2001
    Jerseyville, IL
    I would take it too. P-nut rocks. 311 rocks. I didnt get to see 311, they are coming here sept 20th.

9. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Yes it's quite lovely......what is is it?

Mike

10. It's an SWR Mo' Bass. I don't really get the name though, were they trying to be more "ghetto" with that one? Maybe to appeal to the g-funk homey mo'fos or something? :D

11. lmao!:D:D:D

12. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA

so that's why it's called what it is. i tried it, loved it, found out i could get it for $1200 at my local music store, then realized i could build a rack with 1000 watts and the interstellar overdrive for around $950, and i already had a moogerfooger and a digitech whammy/wah, so i wouldn't be gaining any funcitons. then i saw the floorboard. YUCK!!!

[​IMG]

see?

jason

13. Why'd ya have to diss 311? I love them to death and I find it offensive if people don't at least put an "IMO" after comments like that. Oh yeah, that's IMHO.

14. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss

You may have a point but lets be fair, if your point were to hold true then the same consideration would have to be for those who say that Band X rules. You can't have it both ways. IMHO

Mike

15. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    Come on. Everything on this board is someone's opinion. I am the first person to stand up and say there needs to be civility and no profanity or abuse on this board, but I hope we all have a little thicker skin than this. It's just a board. Not a political campaign.

Chas

16. Whoa people. I didn't think everyone would take it that seriously. I just wanted to defend the band I really love. Just giving props to them. Sorry.

17. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    I don't hate you because you're beautiful, I hate you because you sound like crap.

18. bassheavy

bassheavy banned

unless you've rocked a mile in it's shoes, you don't know. IMO.

when have you rocked one of these? for how long?

(ive owned mine for about nine months now, and it was only a few months ago that i was able to figure everything out)

19. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Agreed.:)

20. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    [​IMG]

like the difference between carmen elektra and sophia loren.