dont hit me

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by benjamintowle, May 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
  2. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    Poor grammar?? Yeah I think so....

Try and slow down just a little bit when's VERY hard for us to understand what you're trying to say here.
  3. Now, i'm not being an arsehole or anything, but here's a suggestion on how you probably *should* have worded your question:

"Ok, i've got 2 really good 15s from my aunt for free.
    there carvin have (sorry, couldn't decipher this - are you saying they are Carvin speakers?) .
    I have no cab, can I just stick them in this?"...

I'm guessing you have a Carvin amp (head or combo) you want to install the 15s into, or use the 15s in another cabinet? Or do you have Carvin speakers you want to put into another cabinet? You just need to be a little more exact with your questions. :)

ps: the link you posted doesn't exist. Is it just an empty cabinet (no speakers)? If so, and it can take 15" speakers, then it will work. How well it will work depends on how good those free speakers are, and the size, etc of the cabinet.
  4. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    yah like i am poor and stuff so like i cant buy a cab to put them in .i want to put the speakers in the box like cause there really good speakers and stuff. like there carvin i have one in a amp i have allready and stuff, and i like them i just like dont have any thing to put them in would it sound like or for punk cause when i play punk with a my band i not that loud with one little 15 and when i play jazz my one little 15 is fine
  5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    i sense yank of chain
  6. Cool, remember to pop some periods ( . ) in your sentences so it's easier to know where one sentence stops and one starts (your style of writing looks like stream-of-thought much like when someone is talking - ie no real pauses).

Well, the speakers will work in ANY cabinet that can hold them. And they'll produce sound (if you wire them up correctly - parallel or serial depending on what TOTAL speaker load in Ohms your amp can handle).
    BUT (and a big but), the type of speakers they are (frequency range, power handling, etc) will affect the sound. Also, if they're guitar speakers and you plug them into a powerful bass amp, chances are you'll blow them. And finally (the most important) is the size, shape and construction of the cabinet. Cabinets are generally designed for the speaker that's to be used, the end use (guitar, bass, etc), and the frequency range. HUGE number of things to worry about! :)

Unless you buy/build a cabinet to meet the specifications of the speakers you'll use, don't bargain on getting a righteous sound by using what you can find. Like I said, it'll work, but it may not sound too pretty. If it's cheap or free to do, give it a go! :D
  7. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Okay, I give. Pleeeeezzz 'splain:)
  8. I think he has 2 15 inch speakers, but no cabs. They are carvin speakers. He wants to know if he can put the speakers in whatever is in the link, but the link wont show up. He is poor
  9. tomtrb

Apr 17, 2001
    there is a reason good speaker cabs are expensive. Its more than just 3/4" plywood with circular holes. There's alot of technology that goes into designing a good cab, and I am pretty ignorant when it comes to bass cab specifics. If you have a general knowledge of electronics and speakers, you could try it, but it isnt going to sound like a factory carvin cab. Just make sure your ohms match up and everything is wired correctly and you wont burn up anything. Good Luck - you'll need it.
  10. i say no the thing would bounce all over the place.
  11. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Bounce? That thing's a car stereo cab. (or atleast it looks like it is) The thing would crumble when you play a low e. And if you play a 5 string? Forget it.

I believe Solvtek makes cabs that don't come with speakers? They look and appear to be good cabs. I'm not sure if they have any cab's that work with 15's. But I'd suggest checking them out.

I haven't been there in a while, so they may not sell them anymore, but it's worth a try. Considering what you're already considering putting those speakers in. One other thing, how would you expect that thing to be heard? Even if you are pumping both 15's at max wattage, it wouldn't be very easily heard. They're so low to the ground. It'd be like a floor monitor.
  12. RedGrange

Jun 11, 2000
    Springfield, IL
    Are that kids posts a joke? I thought I had bad grammar.... :)
  13. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    I believe he's saying he has two 15" speakers that are/or came from Carvin (possibly a Carvin cab(s))
    But it appears he needs a cabinet, the cab he has in the link works, the only thing is... it's a car stereo cab. Doesn't look very safe for bass guitar.
  14. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    OK, there's no need for this thread to opened twice, so I've merged them together.
  15. me thin cab not goo fo you aplikashun
    dis ca be fo cah instulashun no fo base giter unles yo pla fo odiense full o mijets

16. Ahahahaahahaa.. But really thats enough poking fun at the kid...

On a helpful note, Benjamin, you could try , now, i dont know how high of a quality their merchandise is, but man, its cheap! There is a 2x15" empty cab for $49!!

Theres a link for ya, hey, i hope that you get your cab workin, and thats a good deal, empty cab for $50..
  17. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    lmbo....gruff, I think me and you were the only ones that saw the humor in that:p:D
  18. KONG

KONG Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    ::slaps benjamintowle on the forehead::

19. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    like i not really poor iam just a kid .my aunt got me some carvin 15 for my brith day. and i dont have a cab to put them in i like know how to wirethem up and all that. i just need a cab for them
  20. *coughs* Ahem...*coughs*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.