Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

dont know what to get

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CaptHowdy7606, Apr 5, 2002.

1. i got a pretty small amp that is decent for practicing but when i get with my friends to play they got alot more power then i do. i was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on some combos that would cost me about 400 bucks and would be able to be heard with 2 other 100 watt guitar amps

2. ItchyBass

ItchyBass

Oct 12, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    Hey CaptHowdy...

Damn. At this time 22 people have ready your post but nobody has replied. Sad. But this question gets asked a lot so I think people are getting sick of answering it. The canned response is:

300 watts minimum...

$400 won't get you much in the area of new gear that will compete with two 100 watt guitar stacks. Find something used. You can probably find a used combo with 300 watts & a 15 in it for that price, but it won't be to fancy. But you have to start somewhere... right?

Old Peavey Combos are probably what you will find... and there ain't nothing wrong with that. Tone doesn't mean squat if nobody can hear you...