Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DONT LET THIS ONE GET AWAY!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mark beem, Jun 27, 2003.

1. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    OMG!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2541770242&category=4713

HERE WE HAVE A VERY RARE AND UNUSUAL GUITAR. THIS IS MARKED CORT BASS TUNER LICENSED BY STEINBERGER SOUND. THIS IS A ORIGINAL STEINBERGER UNLIKE ANY OTHER YOU MAY HAVE SEEN. THIS AWESOME ITEM COMES WITH A WOODEN STAND AND HOMEMADE WOODEN CARRYING CASE. THE CASE ITSELF IS 80 INCHES IN LENGHT AND IS 19 INCHES WIDE. THE BASS IS 75 INCHES TALL (That's over six feet!!) AND 17 INCHES WIDE. THE STRINGS ARE NOT WITH THIS AND THERE IS A FRONT KNOB ALONG WITH A KNOB THAT WOULD HOLD A STRING IN PLACE IS MISSING. I REALLY DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS ITEM (Yeah, we kinda got that impression!!) BUT IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS I'LL TRY TO ANSWER THEM. THIS IS NOT NEW SO THERE IS SOME SCRATCHES ALONG WITH SOME PAINT CHIPPING. NOT THAT BAD.

Wow.. all this for only $899??

I'll take two!!

:D :D

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Taken from actual text in auction '...THE CASE ITSELF IS 80 INCHES IN LENGHT AND IS 19 INCHES WIDE. THE BASS IS 75 INCHES TALL AND 17 INCHES WIDE..."(sic)

Wow! An electric bass that is 6 foot 3 inches tall? That's as big as an upright. And 19 inches wide? That's as wide as my Cirrus. It sure doesn't look that wide in the pictures. You think maybe he used a metric ruler and was too stupid to know it?

3. if he was using a metric ruler, he would have at least had some common sense... unless he thinks he's 10 feet tall

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hee hee. this is a good one.

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Here are the two bits I love:

Then we get this:

That's bad.:p

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I don't know what I'm on right now, but I for some reason thought this was an ebay promo for a 6 ft Tuner! :eek: :eek:

Jeez, I wonder if you can see it onstage?