1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Don't mess with this mama!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kanonfodr, Jan 4, 2012.

1. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    well done.

2. Damn right.

3. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ
    Unfortunate that she had to take a life, but better the criminal than her or her baby. Given what is stated in the article, her actions were completely justified, and I'm glad she had the means and the will to defend herself and her family.

4. Good for her!

5. One thing, she was on the call to the dispatcher for 21 minutes. Someone trying to break into the house, would have expected a rapid response from the police?

Sad that it had to end that way, but without a doubt it was what should have been done. Pity she didn't clock the other guy too . . .

6. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Damn right.

7. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ
    As the saying goes "When seconds count, the police are minutes away."

8. Beamrider

Beamrider

Aug 24, 2007
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Maybe the 21 minutes were in total, i.e. dispatcher still on the phone after the shooting.
    If not, I agree with you - it would definitely a slow response. Unacceptable in the circumstance, I'd say.

9. Chef FourString

Chef FourString

Feb 4, 2011
    Texas
    She did the right thing.

10. In the UK at least, when the emergency services arrive, the dispatcher goes (unless you were to specifically keep them on the line). I'm just presuming it would be similar, so I could be wrong!

11. Fretless1!

Fretless1!

Feb 19, 2007
    Rats! She missed one!

12. Good for her!

13. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Ocoee, TN
    Good for her, but the story as a whole made me very sad.

At the end of the day, Castle Doctrine or no; I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

14. Actium

Actium

Jan 15, 2011
    Nothing personal but that assumption or expectation kind of makes me laugh. Regardless of how long it took them to get there. I don't like the idea of putting my life in the hands of something I have no control over. Such as, how long it will be before the cops show up.

15. f.c.geil

f.c.geil

May 12, 2011
    Good for her! I knew I like OK!

16. "There's nothing more dangerous than a woman with a child."

True dat. It's the same in nature with the female doing whatever it takes to protect her offspring. That punk sure learned that truth the hard way!

17. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Looks like she did everything right. Glad she had the means to defend herself.

18. Hey, nothing wrong with a bit of backup, and regardless, the police would need to be there to clear up the mess.

Laugh all you want, I guess we aren't all super heroes like yourself :rolleyes:

19. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast. Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Houston, TX
    She had a shotgun, a pistol and a German Shepherd!!! Now that's home defense!!!