Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Dave Castelo, Aug 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Ok, these two jokes have been told to death in this forum, so please DONT POST THEM ANYMORE!

Joke #1

A Biologist assigned to work in deepest Africa hired a guide to take him upriver to the remote site where he would do his study. As they were making their way into the jungle, the scientist heard the sound of drums.
    "What is that drumming?" he asked his guide nervously.
    The guide, who spoke little English, replied, "Drums okay, but very bad when they stop."
    The drumming continued for two weeks while the biologist conducted his fieldwork. Finally, on the last day, the drums suddenly stopped, and the jungle fell eerily silent. Alarmed, the biologist called out to his guide, "The drums have stopped! What happens now?"
    The guide crouched down, covered his head with his hands and, with despair in his voice, answered "Bass solo."

Joke #2
    A little boy learning bass brings his 4 string up to his dad and says "Watch this dad!" and plays an A repeatedly. His dad says "That's great but you should probably learn some more material if you want to get better." So later on the boy comes back and plays an E repeatedly. His dad says the same thing to him. The next day the boy comes up to his dad looking very excited. He plays both the A and the E one after another and thinks he's pretty hot stuff. His dad says "That's great but you still have a lot more to learn." The boy says "I know dad, but I've already got a gig in a country band!"

I dont really care if you have a different version...

thanks for your time

2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'll thank Dave for saying that. I get tired as well. Dave apparently got fed up faster, but I agree with him.

These jokes are what we call "classics" so chances are, it's been posted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.