1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Don't sure if this works (my Trace Elliot pre-amp)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Diddii, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Well, last summer i bought my first rig. It was a Trace Elliot GP12x w/ two cabinets (300w ea), when i red the manual about this amp its marked as a pre-amp but it has also has a power-amp (i found out (not in the manual) that its rated at 400w). I'm getting bored playing through this rig now, and want to try out something new... something easier (easir to use) (The Trace has a 12band EQ - which i hate working with).
    Can i buy Pre-amp and plug it with my Trace? It has a input and output called "pre-amp link" and i don't know what that means.

2. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Is there any info about these "link" connections in your manual?

While I'm not familiar with your amp, I'd speculate the (links) output is pre-amp out, and the input would connect directly to the power-amp section just like other brands that call these two connections a FX-loop or send and receive jacks.
    So your new preamps output jack would be connected to the (links) input jack.

PS:
    If your amp has a FX blend (or level) knob, you'll also need to adjust it to the full wet or blend position. (this is usually the fully clockwise position)