Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Don't wanna get ripped

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by d8g3jdh, Oct 27, 2005.

1. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Ok, so im going to a music store tomorrow that is having a 3 hour halloween sale. Im new to sales at music stores, and want to know ways to not get ripped off. Will they still be willing to negotiate? How much (in %) will they be willing to take off (by that i mean what are your experiences haggling with stores, and how much have you gotten them to take off)? Anything else i should know about making sure i get the best possible price?

Thanks!

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Usually, if they're having a sale, the prices are pretty much set. The only way to know if something is negotiable is by asking; there is no one right answer to that question, it depends on how bad they need to move product.

I'll offer this advice, though: If you're just buying one item, don't let them pile on too many add-ons, like strings, straps and picks, unless you really need a new one of whatever they're trying to push. On the other hand, if you decide you want a bunch of things, ask them if they're willing to work out a package deal.

Mind you, they might say no, but at least you tried. The easiest way to know you're not being given a bad deal is by knowing the regular price of the gear you're buying in the first place.

Oh, and about your signature: the human listening range is 20hz - 20.000 hz, so guitarists by nature can hear bass notes as well as bassists do. They just choose to ignore them because they're grooving on their guitar part...

3. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    hmmm, thanks for the tips

and the sig is from fubar, its a joke, and you just ruined it ;)

4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Mission accomplished! :D