don't wanna grow up

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jeff Bonny, Jan 9, 2001.

1. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver, BC
    Hey you powers that be, this being my 90th post or so I realize I'm gonna hit senior member "status" sooner than later and was wondering if at 200 I can just stay a "regular" member? At 1K I might start to feel the senior tag to have been earned but as it is I don't feel like one now and probably won't anytime soon. As it stands I'll probably quit and sign up with a new name when I see Senior Member under my name. Senior Member (in addition to bringing to mind the Entwistle/Ron Jeremy thread) makes me feel like I outta be wearing a mortarboard instead of the manhole cover I usually do.

Give this some thought, eh?

[Edited by jeffbonny on 01-09-2001 at 10:59 AM]
  2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

What's the big whoop? We'll see your profile and know we shouldn't cut you much slack anyway. Or are you going to change that to owning a Rogue and a Gorilla amp and list System of a Down as your biggest influence?;)

C'mon, jeffbonny. I'm 40ish going on 20ish.

P.S. I was in Whistler 2 years ago. Beautiful and jetsetter-ish. But I sure would have liked to have seen it before the "beautiful people" found it. Where do/did you play there?.
  3. Jeff Bonny

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver, BC
    Good call with the Rogue, I might use that. You're right, I s'pose it don't make that much dif. I just hate even implied honorifics of any sort.

I still find some small amount of comfort in remembering when Whistler Village where all those "beautiful people" hang was the local dump.
    Played mostly the bars & restaurants like the Crystal Lounge, Cinnamon Bear, Brassierie, Uli's in a duo. Probably not too many places I haven't played here though at one time or another with some one or another the past eight years. Leaving soon for NAMM then one last season of firefighting in NorCal. $$$ y'know.
  4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey jeff

going to namm? come by the cort/westheimer/conklin booth and say hi - i'll be there on and off during the show. :)

i don't wanna grow up either. i don't think there's any danger of that happening any time soon, though.:D
  5. Jeff Bonny

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver, BC
    I will. Likewise I'll be in and out of the Azola booth.

6. i have no real significance in this thread....but since you guys said "list system of a down as a influence" and since im wearing a system of a down t-shirt right now, i think i should try and look important although im really not.
  7. Jeff Bonny

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver, BC
    What the heck is system of a down? Is it a band? Are they as good as Korn? I have a Korn t-shirt. It's kewl. But I'm not wearing it right now. Say, maybe I do deserve senior member status.
  8. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    It's when a bass player, not satisfied with his low B string, tunes it down a whole step.:D

Will C.:cool: