Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

dont waste your talents or ears listeing to korn

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bass goddess, Apr 9, 2001.

1. bass goddess

bass goddess

Apr 1, 2001
    scotland
    because they are mince. listen to rage or some nice jazz. hey i am really bored tonight so if anyone wants to pm me it would be appreciated.

2. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Mince as in "to pronounce with affectation?" Um, I'm lost. You told me to listen to rage. I went out and found Eldridge Cleaver's "Soul on Ice" as books on tape. I listened to that. You're right. That is better than listening to corn. I was out in the corn field all day long, and I don't know what the freak is up with Kevin Costsmore, but they didn't say jack to me. No voices, nothing. Anyway, here's my thought:

Mince the cilantro before adding to your tomato sauce. The sauce should be warm, but not completely cooked yet. At this time, add your minced cilantro, onions, garlic, and basil. We're going to add just a hint of cayenne a little bit later, but don't get too crazy.

Next week: Zuccini and eggplant lasagna, with a low-sodium sauce, which is sure to delight our older viewers. We'll be preparing a soft sourdough roll fresh, with delicious pecan pie for dessert. We'll also take a look at California wines from the Alexander and Dry Creek Valley.

3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

bassgodess - you have my full, heart-committed, co-operation on the KoRn thing...(and have had for a long time before today). :)

4. bass goddess

bass goddess

Apr 1, 2001
    scotland
    i ma from scotland. mince means not really very good, crap, bad, mince. it a colloquial expression you see wat i mean. any nice chicken dishes up your sleeve? and when is ay rage i mean rage against the machine, they may not be everyones tatse but the bassist is pretty amazing, no one can deny that.

5. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Rage (German metal band) were great!! Oh wait, you meant rage against the machine....they blow as much as korn in my opinion.

6. bass goddess

bass goddess

Apr 1, 2001
    scotland
    yeah, but do you know of charlie mingus and what do you think of timmy C?

7. bass goddess

bass goddess

Apr 1, 2001
    scotland
    have you ever heard any rage tracks? do you play bass?

8. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I apologize that my sarcasm wasn't more obvious. :D And yes, I am in total and absolute agreement with you on the Korn thing. In fact, I actually never have listened to them. And, the name Mingus does seem to ring a bell. :D

Sorry, no chicken for me, I'm strictly vegetarian.
    [​IMG]

9. bass goddess

bass goddess

Apr 1, 2001
    scotland
    ah thank goodness, at last soemone who appreciates some decent bass. by thew ay what do you think of timmy C or do yu not loistent to rage either?

10. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Um, are you asking me, or someone else GODDESS? I don't know who Timmy C is? Is he the bass player for Rage Against the Machine? I do have there Evil Empire album. It is my gym tape. I always listen to that when I'm at the gym. Just something about it really helps a workout. Otherwise, it's not really my type of music (see my userid!).

11. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    Timmy is much better on Battle of LA than Evil Empire (IMHO of course).

12. so what new ideas has korn come up with that we unapreciative snobs should take note of and give them praise? Tell us what there is there that we can learn. Maybe we should all get their tabs(sarcastic remark) and advance to the next level of musicianship. And this includes you too Mr. Jeff Berlin!!

13. I just love jazzbo's animations!
    [​IMG]

14. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Xavier you rock!!!

I can't wait to see what you do with these!

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. Ya know something, I'd give my right nut if I never had to listen to another person bitch about Korn. You think they suck, that's great, want a cookie ?

Give it a f**king rest people.

16. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Yes. What kind do you have? [​IMG]

17. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I'm gonna start this new band, called Rage Against Korn... it's gonna rock! We'll play nothing but Korn paradies a la weird al.

18. You have your choice of Macadamian Nut or Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip.

19. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    All Day I Dream About Salami?

20. bass goddess

bass goddess

Apr 1, 2001
    scotland
    okay okay okay, korn=mince mingus=ohmygodwhatanamazingbassist

listen for pleasure and to hear bass being played with grace, and soul and passion,
    you need love to start a revolution but you need it to do anyhting great.