1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Don't you just hate....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Madunic Music, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Madunic Music

Madunic Music Supporting Member

May 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    ...but love when GAS hits you when you least expect it to?

I walked into a local music store this past weekend just to browse and check out what vintage gear they had and wound up walking out with this.....

A used 2010 Rickenbacker 4003 in Mapleglo. It's ultra clean and the previous owner replaced the neck pickup with a vintage "toaster" style pickup and threw some flats on it. I guess they were going for the 4001/McCartney vibe. When I plugged it into an SVT Classic rig they had in the store and played it for a bit, I knew I had to have it!

And here I thought I was done buying basses....lol!

Attached Files:

2. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Yup. I walked into Sam Ash last week to buy a thumbrest and walked out with a Victor Bailey acoustic. Didn't need it. Can't afford it. But now it's mine.
    IMG_0699_zps832e863a.

3. Madunic Music

May 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Lol! Same boat here....didn't need it, can't afford it, but what's done is done and now it's mine. :)

4. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Walking into a store is how I got my Warwick LX5 fretless. Went in to try a cabinet, walked out with the bass used to test it. Freaking great bass, but I don't play fretless.

5. ROOTSnFIFTHS

ROOTSnFIFTHS Low-end Lover since '78! Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2012
    NJ to Sin City
    I would'nt say I "hate" it..but my WIFE definitely hates it.

6. Madunic Music

May 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Yeah, I had a little bit of explaning to do to my fiancee, but with creative justification and explanation, she was okay with it in the end.

It reminds me of this saying I saw once. :D

Attached Files: