1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dont you love guitarists . . .

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by i_got_a_mohawk, May 12, 2006.

1. The guitarist in my band recently bought a JCM900 head (which is cool, beats the hell out of the MG100DFX combo he had), anyways, was looking forward to being able to gig my new rig without it looking daft on stage (8x10 with SVT vs 100 watt marshall half stack), well, its not quite going to happen now, because guess who didnt think of getting a speaker cab . . . guitarists eh? :rolleyes:

2. Ibanezzer

Ibanezzer

Aug 12, 2004
    Dayton, Ohio
    Hahaha, thats awesome....

Hey I see in your signature that you've got a 6 string Ibanez btb bass, how do you like it? I've got a 5 string btb bass and its sweet. Do you know is the string spacing smaller on the 6 compared to others or is the neck just wider to accomodate that?

David.

3. BTB's are awsome, the string spacing is 19mm on all of them, they dont really have room to bring those monorail bridges closer together, the neck is hence wider :)

4. mvw356

mvw356

Mar 2, 2006
    Brussels
    i'm just like your guitarist. i just bought a trace elliot v6, but i have no speaker either. the amp left me broke, so i will have to wait a bit until i can get a speaker. maybe your guitarist is broke too now, be patient with him and he will get a cab. still plenty of time to find out who can overpower the other. you can still play your svt rig, just don't turn it up to much.

just a general remark about this forum, there seems to be quite a lot of guitarist bashing, but i'm sure that most bass players play guitar too, but on this bforum they don't want to admit that. i suppose this should be a thread of its own though.

5. I play guitar aswell, im not going to cover that up or anything, and no, he isnt broke

I know i can still use my SVT, i just think its gonna look a tad overkill with an 810 and svt vs a 1x12 combo :p