1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Doom, Quake, Wolfenstein, Hexen etc

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by i_got_a_mohawk, Sep 7, 2008.

1. If anyone is into these classic FPS games, Steam has the Id software pack at half price, $35 for essentially every game in these series's (plus extra content, maps, add ons etc etc).

Only thing I notice that is missing is Quake 4.

IMO, money well spent :D

Just for this weekend tho!

http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=sub&SubId=440

2. crispygoat

crispygoat Guest

Aug 22, 2006
    London, Ontario
    wow.. if only I could allow my computer to crash I'd be all over it.

3. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    I like all those games but not enough to justify the money I don't think. Yes I know it is cheap, I am just stingy, and I'm trying to save up for a bass. :p I remember there was a wicked deal a while back where you got EVERY title in the DOOM series for under $50. Including DOOM3! :)

Oh and the new Wolfenstein looks like it is going to KICK BUTT!

4. Ultimate Doom
    Doom 2
    Doom 2 Master Levels
    Final Doom
    Doom 3

are all included, and it is less that $50 :p

Was £24, which is about the same as a decent set of strings, and is how much I spent on buses each week for uni, so, woot! :p
    Doom 3 : Resurection of evil

5. And yes, that looks awesome :bassist:

6. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Oh right, sorry I didn't see the link. :p That is an awesome deal. There's a hell of a lot of gaming there. :bassist:

7. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I think I still have the disks for most of those around somewhere. Good stuff back in the day or if your system isn't up to today's standards.

8. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    That's a ridiculously long amount of pure gaming time. Those expanded Doom and Doom II levels are super long.

9. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Have you guys played Urban Terror?

It's a free online game.
    I just discovered it the other day, it's like CS again!!! :hyper::hyper:

Maybe we can start a ::TB:: clan. hahah

10. dinghy

dinghy

May 27, 2007
    Saratoga, CA
    Looked it up, started downloading it. :D

11. iddqd!

12. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    haha sweet!
    I'll PM you my name!

13. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Wow, I remember playing those games when they originally came out.

Wolfenstein was teh w1n! The map level editor you got with it ruled also! :)

Also the rush you got when you first nailed a monster with the chainsaw... oh man! (In Doom that is)

14. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I don't like revisiting classic games. They look like crap by today's standards and I'd rather remember them as cutting edge. Kinda like preferring to remember Elvis from the 60s and not the 70s.

15. or go out and get the movie postal and you get a funny as hell movie and the entire game Postal 2 for 20 bucks. lots more fun that those i think IMO

16. A lot more fun than Doom, Quake, Hexen, Wolfenstein 3d, Heretic, and Commander Keen put together? :eyebrow:

17. well i'm beyond doom and wolfenstein....quake is like almost the same as hexen (not like it's a bad thing), and commander keen is fun.
    i like videogame violence and bizarre humored funny movies

18. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    Doom are horrible games frankly. Annoyingly ill-design long stages that are easy to get lost are a very lazy way of making a game challeging.

19. the mods in postal 2 alone, combined with the ability to use cats as silencers for your guns, is truly awesome

20. Meh, the Postal games got boring. These classics are just that, classics, some would rather leave them in the past, but damn, just cant beat a bit of 8 bit gore now and again :p