Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Doors Tabs

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Wpspace, Mar 4, 2002.

1. Wpspace

Wpspace

Dec 14, 2001
    Charleston
    Hey. I was just wondering if anyone could possibly tell me where to find "Love Her Madly" tabs. I have looked and looked and have yet to find complete and accurate bass tabs for that song. Im not good enough yet to copy what i hear so im having to use tabs to get the idea of songs and then play around a little but ive been having so trouble with that song. Anyways... if anyone has that song or knows where i can find the complete tabs... please let me know. If possible... email me at wpspace@aol.com.
    Thanks. Also... does anyone know any real good site to find stuff by Hendrix, Clapton, Cream, Doors, Beatles, The Who, Pink Floyd, Lynyrd Skynyrd, CCR...etc. (not specifically bass stuff, but guitar as well)? :confused: THANKS!
    Later

2. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I don't know where you can find tabs for it, but I can get you started figuring it out. It is in the key of Am, and the bass pattern during the Am chord is I-III-IV-V, or A-C-D-E. The next chord is Dmaj, and it uses a similar pattern, but with the Major third instead of the minor third. The next chord goes back to the Am. I don't have time to figure it all out for you, and it would help you more to do it yourself. Hope this helps...

3. Yep, Showdown is right. If you are still unfamiliar with the notes, then the main riff tabbed would look a little something like this:

A string --0--3--5--7--
    a few times and then do the same on thing on the D string. At least thats ow I remember it, I'd have to go and have a listen.
    Jim

4. red-hot-bassist

red-hot-bassist

Sep 18, 2001
    glasgow
    nice taste in music, wpsace, you should just go down your music store and read the books, copy it out, borrow from a freind, most of them have the tab under the notation, although it is hard to find good bass books, the only one Iv'e ever found was for ..and justice for all by metallica, and i'm yet to be convinced that there is any bass on that album....