Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dope Nose by Weezer

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Little_Horhey, May 21, 2002.

1. Hey everyone, im new here so im not sure what forum this would be best in. I was wondering if anyone could post the bass tab for Dope Nose by weezer as im havign a hell of a time trying to do it from scratch (im a somewhat new bassist). Can anyone help me out?

2. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I think tab requests still go to GENERAL INSTRUCTION. I'm not entirely sure.

3. ok, thanks for correcting me. If anyone in this forum can help me out, i would really appreciate it. Come on! Help me!!!!!

4. it's basically three root notes. maybe some fills too, i haven't listened too closely. the notes are A#, D#, E#. you should be able to figure out most of it from there.

5. thanks but like i said i suck at putting things together by ear. if anyone else has the tab, id appreciate if you shared it with me

6. ScJaxx

ScJaxx Guest

Mar 15, 2002
    VA
    everything weezer does, the bass is a half step down, just to let you know.

7. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
  8. the only way you'll get better is by trying, and there's no better place to start than a song with only 3 notes.

9. except Green.

10. i have a teacher and i am working on writing by ear but this is an emergency.
    And dont you think i would have checked the tab section first? :rolleyes: That was the first place i looked

11. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Well the tabsection here is a mirror of www.basstabarchive.com which is basically the biggest basstab site on the net. So if it ain´t here, chances are you cannot find it on the net. But as a last resort you can try www.harmony-central.com
    They have a tab archive there (Olga).

12. ScJaxx

ScJaxx Guest

Mar 15, 2002
    VA
    good call, i forgot about that one:)
    hey i cant be right all the time

13. i tried harmony-central to no avail. any other ideas or help?

14. Try starting with A D and E. Because those are the most common chords in that song.