DORITOS: the definitive thread.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fenderx55, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Blue Doritos (cooler ranch)

25 vote(s)
  2. Red Doritos (nacho cheesier)

26 vote(s)
  1. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    Ok, so i was sitting in the dining hall yesterday completely disappointed that they didn't have blue doritos ("cooler ranch" but come on, they're the blue doritos) and I had to go with the clearly inferior Red bag.

But then I put a few on my Chic-fil-a chargrilled chicken sandwhich with some mayo and the honey roasted bbq was awesome.

So now a prejudice of mine has been turned upside down, does the red bag have its time and place? What do you think?
  2. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I think that while the Blue and Red Doritos have their place, you have not lived until you try the Taco Doritos. Now, I thought that they were gimmicky too, but when I tried them I discovered a taste sensation rivaled by few.

I think they're in a black bag, so at the risk of getting in trouble with certain organizations, I will call them the Black Doritos.
  3. That was a hard one, for I really like both.
  4. CHEESEY!!
    Ranch sucks IMO. There are many varieties of Doritos, but I think the classic Nacho Cheesey is just the best.
  5. I'd go for red, but blue Doritos are quite good as well. There's also fun to be had with some of the more unorthodox varieties - four cheese Doritos rock.
  6. They both taste like old cardboard - only IMHO, obviously. :D
  7. fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
  8. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    if we're gonna go with the non-standard varieties, guacomole is pretty awesome, minus the green fingers :D
  9. yes
  10. I have to agree. While red are the better tasting cardboard, they are still just flavored paper products.
  11. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Yes, the good thing about them is that it really doesn't taste like guacamole! I also like the black pepper flavor.

I was really disappointed in the Baked Doritos. I'm not much of a chip-eater, but I do like the flavor of regular Baked Lays. The Baked Doritos, or anything "Baked" other than plain are just horrid.
  12. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    I agree - blue Doritos suck. I had some of the odd ball (black?) Doritios a while back, I think they were Montery Jack. They were quite tasty, but the original Red ones are hard to beat.
  13. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001

Would you tell your stupid Ranch Tooth to SHUT UP!?
  14. BulkHead

Oct 14, 2005
    Manassas VA
    This is why the red took you by surprise:
    It says right on the package it tastes better now.
  15. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

Black Bag = Salsa Doritos

:smug: the obvious top choice for those looking for some spicy in their chip selection.

Black bagged Doritos ARE the superior bag

When in mix company (ie: peoples who embrase the heat AND whiny whimpy "OMG that's too hot" people), Go Blue bag (unless orange cheese based dip is known to be in attendance as well... then the non-spiced choice is the red bag).

My girl has been known to eat a red bag doritos on white bread sammiches... she's one of them "whiny, whimpy OMG that's too hot people though.
  16. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

While I still enjoy Doritos, they have changed haven't they?

The Nacho Cheese ones especially...the chips are powdery with spice. They used to be different. I kinda miss the old stuff.