Dos at Sacred Grounds/We Jam Econo

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by permagrin, Feb 3, 2005.

1. permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    Watt, I've seen conflicting dates for your show with Kira at Sacred Grounds... Feb 26 or Mar 5? The counter jockeys at the coffee house didn't know.

And congrats on the movie! Sorry I won't be in town for the premier, can you tell us where/when else will it be showing? -Jeff
  2. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

as far as I know, dos is playing sacred grounds (here in pedro) on march fifth.

the premier for "we jam econo" (see is february 25 at the warner grand theatre, also here in pedro. I'll be doing a q and a there right after it shows that night.

on bass, watt
  3. permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    much thanks watt, bummer but I'll be missing both these events.

one of these days our paths will cross.... -jeff
  4. Watt,
    Oh boy, oh boy, I'm gonna be stoked to see that movie when it opens. I bummed about the Dos show, though, because it seems like my band has a show almost every time you're playing in LA (I think we're playing on the 26th, too...). Well, c'est la vie, I guess.

By the way, I don't know if I've just gotten more clued in lately, or if the scene in LA is picking up steam, but in the last month I've seen Nels Cline twice, the Chuck Dukowski Sextet, Saccharine Trust, and I missed seeing the Human Hands by a hair. With you back in town, it feels like the best time to be in LA.
    A happy camper,