Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dos

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by Thunderbroom, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Thunderbroom

Thunderbroom

May 7, 2002
    Illinois
    I picked up Justamente Tres a few years ago, and it is easily one of my favorites discs. I would love the opportunity to see Dos perform live.

Mike, is there any possibility that you and Kira would play somewhere outside of Cali? I'd love to see you guys play live. I'm in the Chicago area and catch you pretty much every time you come through.

If its not likely to happen, could you please, please, please have someone videotape a show and make it available for download, stream it, or hell--sell it! I'd be willing to drop some cash to see how you guys pull off the two bass show.

Thanks!

2. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

hi,

me and kira played a dos gig last night in los feliz. you're right, we don't play much out of cali but that's cuz kira's a sound editor for movies and tv shows and can't get the time off to tour. we used to do it when I had fIREHOSE but haven't since those days. she was saying something to me a little while ago about trying that again but not this tour - maybe the next. her brother paul will be playing organ then for me. I'll ask her about the video deal, sounds like an idea! thank you for thinking of us.

by the way, we're working on our fourth record now and hope to get it done for fall.

on bass, watt

3. Thunderbroom

Thunderbroom

May 7, 2002
    Illinois
    Thanks for the update. Since taking up the bass last May at the ripe old age of 36, I've found much inspiration in your work. I absolutely love the Dos records. I do hope that you and Kira can either make a trip through Chicago soon or through up some video on the net. Maybe you guys can do some video soon and tour in the future.

I had the pleasure of being introduced to your music in 1985 when the Minutemen opened for R.E.M.. I went there to see the headliner and came back a fan of the opening act.

Thanks again for the inspiration Watt. I look forward to seeing you when you blow through Chicago!

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Thumbs up on the video idea. :)

5. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

hi,

that's a great idea. maybe me and kira can just film a practice for the corndogs.org site. hmmm..., have to think about that. thanks for the thought though! we're working on a fourth record now.

on bass, watt