1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Double(2) Bassists Improv

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by 138BASS, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Hey Guys a while back(like in October) my band Jam Theory played a show with the progressive rock band Sound & Shape from Nashville. Well We're a 100% improv band and love to jam with "new" musicians whenever we get the chance. Well long story short we invited the drummer(Jerry) and bassist(Dave) to jam with myself and our guitarist at the end of the night and a song titled "Double Bassic" was the outcome. I posted the song up on our myspace page a while back and don't know why I didn't think to let you guys in on it earlier. But anyway I thought someone might get a kick out of 2 bassists playin some funky improv, ALL feedback, opinions, comments, compliments and criticisms are welcome and appreciated :)

you can click the link in my sig or click http://www.myspace.com/jamtheorymusic the song is split into 3 parts for better sound quality since it's 16 mins long.
    Dave is using an envelope filter for some of the time, and I'm slapping most of the time(was trying to create 2 obviously different bass voices)

ENJOY

2. Sweet!!!!:D

3. Hey right on Dave I was wondering if you were around here, I gotta post up the other song that came out of that double bass jam.