Double Ball End???

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Nuttboy311, Oct 22, 2002.

  1. I have no idea what double ball end means, please enlighten me.
  2. Flatwound

    Flatwound Supporting Member

    Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    The ball-end of a string is where the round brass or steel thing is that holds the string in your bridge. Steinberger basses, not having "conventional" tuners, but rather incorporating the tuners into the bridge, use a string that has this ball-end at both ends. One end anchors in a slotted fixture at the top end of the neck past the zero fret, and the other end anchors in the bridge/tuner assembly.