Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Double bass bag--is Undercover out of business?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mishbass, Sep 16, 2003.

1. Mishbass

Mishbass

Feb 8, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Hey all,
    I just joined Talkbass and am loving it. Thanks for being such a supportive group.
    I saw a thread related to double bass bags and now I can't find it again, so I'm starting a new one.
    This other member was asking about recommendations for double bass bag. A bag that can hold two basses.
    Undercover was brought up and many people came forth recommending them. Well....I've had my double Undercover bag for about 8 years and it's finally starting to fall apart after years of touring and around town gigs and teaching. I do recommend the bags. They are very good. If I find another double, I'll buy it.
    Two questions for everyone. 1. Is the company out of business now? I haven't seen them at NAMM in a few years. A buddy of mine thinks they're out of business too.
    Someone recommended ordering a bag through a company called BC? What is BC?
    Anyway, I'd like any recommendations on where to order another double Undercover.
    thanks and happy grooves,
    Charley

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    What is BC? Gard, give him 60 lashes with a used B-string.

3. Mishbass

Mishbass

Feb 8, 2003
    Los Angeles
    it's Bass Central. Sorry, had a brain fart. Thanks,
    C

4. has a good Double bass bag i got one and it's great. it's the CM 88 . just stay away from fenders they suck and fall apart.

5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ...nope, they're not outta biz...

...e-mail or PM me for info! :D