1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Double Bass for Under £250 ($400)

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by TD3691, May 11, 2010.

1. does anybody know of a dealer who could sell me a Double Bass for Under £250 ($400)?

2. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Nope.

3. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    That's not a double bass.

4. wdnewman

wdnewman

Apr 13, 2009
    No reputable dealer would sell you a $400 bass unless you wanted to use it for wall art. You can buy these things on Ebay, though. Sometimes you can find such stuff on Craigslist. Be forewarned however, that such basses will be unplayable when new, will fall apart at the seams eventually and will be unsellable when you get sick and tired of it.
    SO... go and read all the newbie threads about buying a bass. Lots of great info there, and good luck.

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

We don't even know which country or continent we're talking about! :eek:

Fill out your profile!

6. sorry am from England, i will fill out my profile now

7. Zombbg4

Zombbg4

Jul 15, 2008
    Olympia,Wa
    I don't think you can even get one of those "bass shaped object" basses from China for under 400. Unless you find the absolute deal of a lifetime, save up. It'll be worth it.

8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Yup - for £250 you will be lucky to get a decent slab in the UK ...:eyebrow:

I would see £1,000 as being a minimum for a cheap DB - around that area. Some people I know, have rented DBs with an option to buy - maybe this is a more realistic option?

9. agaetis.byrjun

agaetis.byrjun

May 17, 2010
    I don't think you could even buy a single bass with that money.

Awful joke...