1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Double Bass Hard Case

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Bass Amps, Strings, & Accessories' started by Mike Carr, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Mike Carr

Mike Carr

Feb 5, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Double Bass lightweight molded hard case. Only weighs 18 lbs! Cheap, just $200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Like the kind Ken Smith offers on his website. Also the same kind Fantastic Musical Instuments sells new on sale for $419. Sometimes you see these on ebay too for about $600 or more.
    I got mine in China, brand new just last week and brought my carved Shen Willow back to LA in it and the bass made it fine, no damage of any kind. Only one of the case's handles came lose, looks like an easy fix. Has wheels and yes they work. This case looks to be made of a hard molded styrofoam kind of stuff, covered with canvas, the kind suitcases are made of. I honestly was very scared to take the bass on a plane in this, but both the bass and the case survived the trip from Shanghai to LA with a plane change in Tokyo just fine, save for the one handle that came lose. I don't need this case anymore, I'm returning to Asia soon with a Czech-Ease so this is now up for grabs! Only $200! Local LA area pick-up or will deliver in So-Cal area for gas/lunch money. If you want it shipped somewhere that's on you.. Got to get this thing out of the house! Buy now, only in town for a short time.

Attached Files:

2. Mike Carr

Mike Carr

Feb 5, 2002
    Hong Kong
    the damaged handle

Attached Files:

3. Mike Carr

Mike Carr

Feb 5, 2002
    Hong Kong
    side views

Attached Files:

4. Mike Carr

Mike Carr

Feb 5, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Bumped. Buy it.Your bass won't get bumped inside this thing! The protection vs.weight ratio of this case is outstanding. Only 18 lbs!

5. Mike Carr

Mike Carr

Feb 5, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Sold!!!:hyper:!!!