Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DOUBLE BASS POSTERS & PRINTS

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by myrick, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Anybody know where such things can be purchased, by mail or internet?

There are a few well-organised posters-by-internet businesses, but trolling through their extensive collections hasn't turned up what I want.

I'm looking for a few nice quality art-type prints, suitable for framing up and hanging on my practice room walls. Prefer pictures of just basses to bass players with their basses.

2. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    search "double bass" at art.com there's plenty there.

3. tks pacman

Some of those are getting close to what I'm looking for; I may order one or two.

Still, for the most part those prints strike me as an artist's impression of the double bass, whereas I'm looking for a bass player's impression of the double bass, i.e. just a bass. What I'm really hoping to find is a sizeable print (photo or realistic painting) of a gorgeous old Italian or other classic bass by an old master - something you could imagine as the centrefold from "Double Bass" magazine, but larger. I once saw such I thing on the wall in a bass luthier's shop in the States, but he could only remember picking it up "in Europe somewhere".

Or something like a large print of the oil painting of a room full of basses (sans the added-in EUB) which adorns one or two pages on Bob (All Hail) Gollihur's great website. In a conversation some time ago Bob told me he once pursued the idea of getting a print made of that painting, for marketing to bass lovers, but the painter or current owner of the painting was apparently not very interested or responsive.

Any more ideas anyone ?