1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Double Bass Stores in Southern California?

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by us_soccer, May 28, 2007.

1. us_soccer

us_soccer

May 16, 2007
    upstate ny
    HI all,
    I'll be visiting family in the LA area next month and was wondering if anyone could give me a few places to look at basses --- thanks!

2. jtlownds

jtlownds

Oct 3, 2004
    LaBelle, FL
    You might take a visit to Lemur Music. They aren't very far from LA. You can get their address off their website.

3. Andy Allen

Andy Allen "Working Bassist"

Aug 31, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    There's a lot of good info in this thread.

We're lucky to have many world-class luthiers here in L.A.: Lemur, World of Strings, Stein on Vine and Los Angeles Bass Works are the main choices. There's also Hammond Ashley in San Diego if you're going to be that far south.

And if you're seriously looking for a new bass you should check out The Bass Cafe in Phoenix - they have a good selection at very reasonable prices.

Andy

4. world of strings has a pretty nice selection. and john's a pleasure to work with. really prompt with anything you ask him to do.

be sure to check him out
    you live in new york?
    why not check out david gage or kolstein's? (i'll be moving to manhattan this fall)

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021