1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Double Basses for sale

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by mhjazzbass, Jan 16, 2003.

1. mhjazzbass

Mar 28, 2002
    I have a 7/8 Gagnon Guarnerius design bass made by Romeo Gabute circa 1997 that I'm looking to either sell or trade. The bass has a huge full sound, and with the bow is very sweet and lush, but can be darkened with string choice--i.e. Flexicores. I have been using it primarily as a jazz bass, and it is great for that, but I've come to the painful decision to let it go to another loving owner in hopes of finding something older with more of a "growl." The string length is 41 3/4", and being a Guarneri design has low sloping shoulders with very wide lower bouts. This makes it very easy to play through the neck joint into thumb position. The bass comes with a thick padded cover and wheel/endpin assembly from Cincinatti Bass Cellars. Asking $12,000 firm.

I also have a fairly small 3/4 size Czech bass that has a great punchy sound (better for jazz than classical IMO) but needs some work. I'm not really trying to sell this one, but if it's what you're looking for I might let it go too.

TRADES ARE WELCOME!! But ONLY for other carved double basses over 50 yrs. old.

email me for pics, info, questions at mhjazzbass@prodigy.net