1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Double-clicking internet links

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BbbyBld, Aug 17, 2007.

1. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Oct 13, 2005
    Meridian, MS
    Sometimes when a page is loading slowly, I click the link again, and the page seems to come right up.

Does this do anything, or would the page have loaded in the same amount of time if I would have just waited?

2. HollowBassman

HollowBassman

Jun 24, 2007
    Hancock, MD
    I'm no computer whiz but I don't think extra clicks will help.
    I always hated it when, while playing video games, the other person would rapidily push all the buttons on the controller!! Thinking somehow it would go faster.

3. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    I don't know, but sometimes it seems like the connection to the server that the website is on is just bad, so re-clicking it re-connects to the server. Granted, anything you just downloaded is lost, but if it's having trouble loading anyway, it's worth a shot.

4. That is basically correct.

There may be a slight issue with the server, or it is slightly busy, or maybe even an issue with your own network. But on that second click later on, it does help in some cases.