Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DOUBLE GAS AHHHH!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cap, Jun 27, 2002.

1. cap

cap

Aug 8, 2001
    Hickam Hawaii
    Well...recently i've had GAS over the Ibanez EDA 900 and i am saving money to buy it...well...i walked into my local music store yesterday and saw the Ibanez BTB hanging there and decided...what the hell...so...i picked it up...and fell in love...im still gassin over the EDA but its bassicly a dead lock between the both of them and its gonna come down to one of 2 things.
    1. A coin
    2. You guys...so...lets hear it...good bad...either way...i have to decide!!!

2. Get Both.....problem solved :D

3. cap

cap

Aug 8, 2001
    Hickam Hawaii
    ok then...which one first?

4. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    no match. BTB is WAY better.

5. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    I tried to check out the band but got this:

Yahoo!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!
    The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information.
    Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please try again later.
    http://www.geocities.com/strangledyouthband/index.html

Need extra data transfer? Sign up for GeoCities Pro or Webmaster. Learn more.

Bummer.

6. Rekoj

Rekoj Guest

Jul 6, 2001
    Sheffield, ENGLAND
    this should be interesting, been looking at the EDA 900 but havn't had a chance to check one out yet??? how do they play?

Matt

7. cap

cap

Aug 8, 2001
    Hickam Hawaii
    Ya sorry...we've had alot of hits latley so its been shutting down on and off recently...just like...give it like 10 minutes and check again...

and the eda...i liked it cause of the thin neck...i dont have full rotation in my fretting arm so the streamline neck worked well for me...but the btb just sounded soo good...

8. Don't buy an Ibanez!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. PICK

PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Get the BTB. :D

10. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Does your music store have a return policy? If so, I'd suggest buying one, playing it with your band, then swapping out for the other and playing that with your band. THEN make your decision. Let the store know what you're doing. When they see you're serious, they may even work with you on the price.

Just from the ones I've played at GC, I personally like the BTB better, for sound and feel. IIRC they a bit pricier than the EDA. Is there a significant price difference at your store?

Peace,

James

11. cap

cap

Aug 8, 2001
    Hickam Hawaii
    Really...cause the EDA 900 is 639$ and the EDC 559$ and as for the returns...they do but im not sure they'd be up for the whole try it and swap it thing....i know a few guys there but im not sure...

12. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    IIRC the BTB that I played had a retail price just over $1,000. The EDA was somewhere around $7 - 800. These are for new. Used would be at least 30% less. I don't recall ever trying out an EDB or EDC. All the ones I tried were 5 strings.

The BTB and the Peavey Cirrus were the most comfortable playing 35" scale basses that I have tried. I don't recall if the EDA is 34" or 35".

Peace,

James

13. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I too think you'd be better off with the BTB.

Y'know, there was a thread here earlier saying that Musician's friend is blowing out their high end BTBs for $500.

Maybe you should look into that.