1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Double gig bag - a good idea ??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by the low one, Apr 10, 2006.

1. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    I've just got a new double gig bag and am wondering if it's actually a good idea. Yes it's very handy to carry 2 basses in one case but surely you have to be carefull how you put it down or load it into the car/van. If you lay it on it's back the full weight of the top bass on the bottom bass. Standing the case on it's side or standing it upright gets over this problem but I was wondering if anyone who also has a double gig bag has had any problems.

2. lefty

lefty

Sep 25, 2004
    yeah man, i`ve got a double gigbag, no problems you just have to remember it`s a bag, not a case. also remember it`s a GIGbag so get out there and gig and have fun!!!

3. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I tried the double gigbag thing, and in the end I found it easier to carry two gigbags. It was less bulky, and easier to manuever.

4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I use Double gig bags often and when I do I put the heaviest of the two in the back section and the lightest one in the front section of the bag allowing the lightest to be on top of the heavier one when and if I have to lay the bag down and I usually make sure that there is a carrying handle in the center of the bag,it makes carrying the bag easier.

5. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    At the end of the day I find the double gig bag too bulky so it’s going to have to go. I already have a Hiscox case so I’ll look for another, or maybe a single gig bag, but I do like the peace of mind that a hard case gives.