Double gig bag

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jeff schmidt, Sep 7, 2004.

1. jeff schmidt

jeff schmidt no longer red carded, but my butt is still sore.

Aug 27, 2004
    Novato, CA
    Not sure if this is the forum for this - but I'm looking for a high quality gig bag for 2 basses.

Musician's Friend wasn't very friendly in this dept.

Any ideas?

2. I have one that I'm willing to sell. It is a Fender double bass gig bag & has hardly been used. Shoot me an Email at
  3. I have a Levy. I think the model is a CM88. It's held up pretty good over the years. I use it to carry a Fender American Jazz Deluxe and a G&L L2000. After 7 years of constant use it is now about time to replace. The double gig bag is alot more easy to lug around than two cases.

4. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    they had a write up of one in an issue of bass player magazine i believe. if i didnt NEED a hardshell, i would defintely get one of these.
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I want one of the incase Dub bags, but their website has been down for over two weeks now. I wonder if they are out of business? I tried to order one by phone, and was given the runaround, and told that a manager would call me back. That never happened.

I am moving this to the Miscellaneous forum.
  6. bassclef112

bassclef112 Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2003
    New York City, NY
    I have an Undercover double gig bag. It is the best bag I've ever used - I will put any of my basses in there, anytime, with a clear concience. BassCentral has 'em, around $200.

I also recently picked up a Warwick double RockBag. Very nice for the money - around $79. Well thought out, lots of protection and beats the daylights out of Fenders (of which I have 3 for storage purposes only)
  7. Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Look into the Fodera or Mouradian bags. Both are well made.

I am not sure who the Fodera bag manufacturer is though.....

Hope this helps.
  8. Get a rockbag by warwick, or 2. they are really good tough bags.
  9. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Though not as easy as two gigbags IME:)
  10. pierce

pierce freethinker

May 25, 2000
    San Francisco, Ca

Hey, where did you get that rockbag? is there a website?
  11. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Another vote for Levy's. I have had mine for about five years and still love it.
  12. bassclef112

bassclef112 Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2003
    New York City, NY
    Pierce, I got my Rockbag brand new off ebay with - it was within $5 of the best price I could find. Elderly Music had a couple - you can check there or just do a search.
  13. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    For a "standard issue" double gigbag, the Undercover is far and away the best I've found. The Rockcase (Warwick) Deluxe double bag is very good for someone on a tighter budget.

The last time I checked, the Fodera bag was made by Undercover, but I cannot be 100% certain on that fact right now. The USA Lakland gigbag definitely is, while the Skyline bag is a very good Levy's.

Anyone looking for either the Undercover or Rockcase bags, PM me, and I'll be happy to point you in the right direction.

14. pierce

pierce freethinker

May 25, 2000
    San Francisco, Ca
    thanks for the info, bassclef112. i went to the elderly site, but they didnt have any of the double rockbags. i know that there is a double rockbag in production, because the warwick site has one on it (although it is in german), but i just cant seem to find one.

gard, i am sending a pm . thanks for the input.
  15. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Has anybody tried the Gator Slinger double gig bag?
  16. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I have a MF brand gig bag that is absolutely huge. But it doesn't have two separate enclosures for two basses. Although I haven't tried it, I also have a small gig bag (that I would describe as a bass sleeve)...I could throw one bass in there and the other on top of the small gig bag inside the big one. MF had them on special in October, normally over $130 for about $40. It might be worth checking out if you have a smaller gig bag.
  17. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I finally got a DUB bag. This thing is awesome! Well worth the price. Protects my basses as well as anything other than a flight case.
  18. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Okay, it feels really weird to quote myself. But I started thinking about this and I've had mine waaaaaay over five years. It's actually close to nine years now.

I guess all that stuff about time going faster as you get senile must be true.
  19. craigers2

Sep 26, 2001
  20. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    WHERE???!!! New or used? I've been looking for these for a long time, and the sales rep told me they've been discontinued.

edit: see what happens when you don't read to the end of the thread? You ask redundant questions that have already been answered...