Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

double gig bag

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by turkish, Jan 17, 2003.

1. turkish

turkish Guest

Jul 14, 2002
    FCCAUSA, or here
    i'm sorry i don't really know that forum to put this in but what company makes a good gig bag which can hold two basses?

2. Fender markets a decent one. I got mine from Musicians Friend for around $50.00 bucks. basscentral.com has some really nice ones for around $200.00

3. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    If you've got nice ba$$e$ then go for the Undercover bag. You won't regret having the extra protection.

And two basses actually pretty heavy so the Undercover bag accomodates that extra weight.

4. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    yeah go undercover.. well padded... the basses are separated also so you don't have to worry about scratching them up..

5. stroy05

stroy05 Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Fodera Basses, Noble Amps, Aguilar Amps, JHAudio Inears
  6. I bought one from a local music store, called a Phoenix Case. It has a fair amount of padding; not great, but good. I have not been able to find a website. It listed for $100, I paid $75.

7. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Mooradian makes a good double bag.

8. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    They make a very nice double gig bag. Sadowsky guitars sells them.

www.sadowsky.com

9. shirojiro

shirojiro

Jan 24, 2001
    San Francisco
    I have a Mooradian single gig bag from 1980. It's awesome.

I also have an Undercover double gig bag. The cordure seems thicker on the Undercover, and it has 2 straps instead of the Mooradian's 1.

I use them both constantly. I have a P.O.S. Fender gig bag as well. They're not even in the same league.

-S

10. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I bought the same MF Fender gig bag that Greybeard has. It works and does just fine. It has decent padding, but the padding is not real thick. I would not trust anyone else "banging" this gig bag around. If I use this gig bag, I carry the basses myself.

As with anything else, there's no such thing as a free lunch. If you want more padding and protection, you have to spend more money. I'll be checking out the ones mentioned in this thread.

11. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I've had several (Fender, USA Case), used several others (Moordian, Reunion Blues) - I own the Undercover.

No comparison (yeah yeah yeah, I know, I sell 'em, so I'm prejudiced, but really, they are the best I've seen), the Undercover is hands down the best I've found so far. I find a better one, I'll buy it. As was said, you get what you pay for - the Undercover ain't cheap, but it's a tough sumbeech, and VERY well padded.

I liked my double so much, I had 'em custom make a bag for my NS Design CR5M - it turned out so well, the store sells those now, and everyone that has bought the NSD has ended up getting one.

12. I have a very well padded double gig bag from Lakland that I've always been impressed with. Can't recall the exact price. The double gig bag came with the Lakland that I bought used but both were in terrific shape.

13. As Nino said, Sadowsky has a double made for them by Mooradian. I'll get that with my next bass. My other two single gig bags from Sadowsky/Mooradian have held up well and protect the instruments.

14. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    You, sir, have an Undercover gigbag - that's who makes them for Lakland! :D

(Do not confuse the "USA Lakland" gigbag with the "Lakland Skyline" gigbag - the Skyline bag is made by Levy's, and is very good, but not an Undercover!)