Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Double gig bag ?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by godoze, Apr 16, 2003.

1. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Can anyone recommend a good double gig bag ? I am looking for one that has two seperate compartments, not the kind that has a piece of stiff material inside to keep the basses apart.

thanks,
    D:bassist:

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    usa cases (aka modern cases) makes a great double gig bag - i have two of them. they are big enough to even fit my 8 strings, which are 48" long from tip to tail. good bag.

3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I used to have one of the ones JT mentions. It's good...but the Undercover ones are MUCH better, IMO. Lots more padding, heavier grade cordura, and much tougher zippers...oh yeah, and two really nice padded shoulder straps. :D

4. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I'm pretty darned thrilled with my Levy's bag. I've had it three or four years and it still looks great.

5. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    and it just so happens that Gard can give you the hook up with one of these bad boys. Its a great gig bag, I have an undercover double and it is very nicely padded with a thick wall of padding to separate your basses...

6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    ...except the undercover is a single case with a piece of padding in the middle, isn't it? if so, that's what the poster said that he didn't want.

7. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I've never thought of it, but I guess I am near perfect pitch also. Since the F# was used as an example, I hummed it out, then walked across the room to pluck my bass.....yup, right on. I can also discern very slight out of tune probs.....bothers me badly. I cannot for the most part just tell you what note I am hearing like darkmazada can, that is wild.

The one out of tune song that hinders me the most every time I hear it, is JPJ's bass on Led Zep's "rock and roll". Than ones pretty easy to pick out though.

8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Yeah, well...I used to feel that these types of double bags were not a good choice, until I actually got a chance to check the Undercover out. Trust me, there is no negative to this bag, "seperate compartments" or not. I've had several double bags, and this thing has more protection between the compartments than ANY double bag I've ever seen, two zippers or one.

Of course, if Don doesn't want it, then he doesn't have to get it, but overlooking it solely becase of having one zipper instead of two?

9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Golf caddy flight cases! w00t!

10. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    thanks for your opinions guys...and also to ANBassist for his thoughts on perfect pitch...Though it sounds more to me like well developed relative pitch and a good ear.:D

Don

Still haven't decided on a bag...

11. I've got an Undercover double (and single) gig bag... works great for me.