Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

double muff troubles

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fenderx55, Jun 6, 2005.

1. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    so i have the ehx double muff and it used to be really mellow and bluesy unless i had it on the double setting, now for w/e reason, it's just one huge volume boost with lots of treble (yes i tried rolling off the tone) and i don't like it. I miss my 2xmuff :crying: any thoughts?

2. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    battery needs replacing?

3. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    shrug i guess...would that cause a volume surge? usually my pedals just die...thought i don't remember ever changing that battery now that u mention it.

4. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    I only ask because people always forget. Do yourself a favor and use an AC adaptor. :)

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    IIRC that was my biggest complaint with the Double Muff was the volume boost between single and double muff settings. Since you only have two controls, one for each stage, you either have fuzz or quiet. Can't have both IIRC.

6. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    well i used to be completely happy with the pedal, this is a new thing. all i did was match teh volume output of the pedal with my clean tone and all was good. now its impossible to do that for w/e reason. and i reallllly don't wanna buy the ac cable, it's my ownly unpowered pedal right now and i can live with it lol

7. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    Yeah, you can't just switch from single to double settings without twiddling around with knobs somewhat. That being said, mine has never behaved the way fenderx55's has.