1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Double NBD! - Twice the Fender

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ggvicviper, Jan 11, 2012.

1. ggvicviper

ggvicviper Grosbeak, Yamaha, Fender, BSX. I’m Marc! Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2011
    East Meadow, NY, USA
    So I am now the proud papa of two Fenders. They came within the same 5 days, so I figured I'd do a double NBD.

Pictures are kinda crappy, so I apologize for that.

First, we have here a Fender MB-5 in a beautiful deep red. It was created from MB-5 parts (all bought separately over time) that came from the same bass. Originally bought the body over the early summer of 2011, and I got the neck and neckplate on New Year's Eve. It's a 1993 model, Made in Japan. It's strung with D'Addario Chromes, and you can really feel the vibrations all over the instrument when it plays. Super duper comfortable to play, and the tone is that of a little bit brighter Jazz Bass. Only thing I didn't have was the right knobs, which I replaced with chrome knobs anyway. I think it looks better anyway. Very cool bass, and a great rarebird. Total cost around $470, I think. Maybe a little more than what you find them for, but definitely worth it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Secondly, here we have a replacement for my recently sold Fender CIJ '51 Precision Reissue. A brand new Fender Standard Precision Bass (MIM) in the limited edition White Chrome Pearl finish. The neck feels fantastic, and the P pickup is really beefy and clear. The finish is also absolutely gorgeous - my girlfriend picked the color with me, and it seems like she has excellent taste. I also strung it with Chromes. Tons of fun to play, and an example of a really great Precision bass. It was also set up pretty well out of the box - just needed to get the truss rod relieved a little, no need for saddle adjustments. Got it for $530, no tax, free shipping, brand new from 8th Street Music through Amazon.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm a very proud papa :) :bassist:

2. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    I like the Silver P bass:cool:

3. ggvicviper

ggvicviper Grosbeak, Yamaha, Fender, BSX. I’m Marc! Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2011
    East Meadow, NY, USA
    It really shimmers in person. Both basses are actually quite beautiful - these pictures don't really do justice.