Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

double plucking?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by groveofbass, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Ive been practicing and i think im on the right track and doing well with double thumb, but im having trouble with double plucking.

i can kinda fake it but im flailing my fingers all over instead keeping my hand in the normal efficient curled up ball fist position for slap.

i was wondering if any could give me some tips or links to videos clearly showing double plucking technique. theres another thread somewhere with vids of some double thumb stuff but i cant really see the double plucking clearly.

thank you,
    dan

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    ^ Mike knows what he is talking about.

3. I had seen that thread, in fact i refer to it in my post. I was wondering if there was any other information/media available from anyone. Either way, it is a very good video for double thumb, and helped me in that aspect.

4. tucker

tucker Guest

Jan 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    This isnt a question about DT its a question about plucking between the strings (single string DTing).

I tune EADGC, my bass is narrow string spacing and after years of playing, its come natural to me. Well I have the technique of DTing, I can TTPPP, but I can't seem to get my index, middle, and ring away from the C string and my thumb is just free to go whereever it feels. I guess just a really bad habit I picked up.

I'd like to take DTing to the lower registers and my narrow string spacing isn't working for me. Is the anything such as exercise or certain RH position that I should know of? What else can I do about DTing single strings?