Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Double Shot Friday!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by grooveguru, Jan 2, 2004.

1. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Well 2004 is off to a great start. I traded my Rob Allen for this Mike Lull which arrived today
    [​IMG]

And I managed to snag this from Starbunk this afternoon and should be getting it next week
    [​IMG]

Pictures and reviews to follow as soon as I catch my breath ;)

2. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    You go, grooveman!

:D

Cool stuff, you gotta killer collection...

:p

;)

3. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Gard, thanks buddy. You know my new stuff comes from the boys at Bass Central though :D

Pretty spiffy X-mas presents from the Beav! I didn't get any nor any Beav either ;)

I'm anxious to try the Lull out this weekend at rehearsal. It weighs a freakin' ton. I'll be ready for that 5lb Ren when it comes next week. I better give the MTD some extra lovin or she'll be getting lonely! :eek:

4. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Gard, the collection isn't really that at all. I've been practicing for that new TV show "Trading Basses". The Lakland is gone, The Dobro is gone. The current "collection" is my old mutant '74 P-bass, MTD 535, Mike Lull P5 and the soon to have Rick Turner fretted Renaissance 4. I'm trying to give Funky Carnivore a run for his money ;)

5. mike lull's are nice, congrats bro. can't speak for the other one however.. let's hear a review when you get them.

6. those look good, I love the stuff that Mike Lull puts out.

if you ever get tired of that P5 let me know :D

7. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Initial thoughts:
    It is an outstanding piece of bass. Excellent workmanship and heavy as hell. The finish isn't solid white as it looks in the picture but it's a Mary Kay finish. Your can really see the grain show through. Plays like butter with the action stupidly low.

I just tuned it up and played it through my crappy 30 watt practice amp and Wow it really does sound like my friend's '64 P-Bass. He uses the same stage rig as me so it's going to pay him a visit this weekend to check it against the "real deal". :D Stay tuned for the down and dirty.

8. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    haha... As always, Danny the #1 bass trader. Have you ever settled on one bass for more than 2 weeks?? ;)

They look nice man !

9. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Damn, singer is sick so practice is cancelled and I can't try the Lull out till next weekend. I'll have the Renaissance by then as well so it'll be a test drive weekend.

PS: Who In The Hell Is Danny???

10. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Man, that Lull looks SWEET, dude! If you decide to move it for any reason, I'd be definitely interested. ;)

11. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Boogiebass thanks for the offer and I'll keep you in mind but don't count on it :p But I've said that before.

PS: Do you know who Danny is?

12. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    Danny is The Bass Guru. I guess 5 String DNA thought you were him.