Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Double Weekend Bookings.... Rule!!!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Chad Michael, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Yippee and stuff!!!!

We have had really good luck with booking double weekends for first quarter!!!

(Double weekend - two weekends in a row at the same club)

I'm so happy I'm peein!!!

:D

B

2. marc40a

marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    Covers or Originals?

3. One original and the rest covers....

B

4. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    Don't over expose yourself to one area. Book yourself once a month and spread out. No thanks necessary...just send money!!:)

5. We do spread out ... in town, east of town, west of town, etc. Thing is, our PA and light show is about twice the size of average around here. Since we own / transport / setup / operate / and teardown the whole show....

Double weekends rule!!!

;)

b

6. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    Stop your whining!!! Its called a trailer...ya buy one, ya hook it to the back of your van and ya get out of town already!! I'm still waiting on that money, ya DEADBEAT!:) But seriously, welcome to the professional music biz;)

7. Not whining about anything .... I'm cheering with glee!!! :D:D

$$$ < --- there's some virtual money

Don't spend it all in one place.;)

b

8. BTW -

Double weekends mean less time for bimplizkit doing setup/teardown, which means....

More time with my wife and 7 m.o. son!!!!

:)

b

9. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    Thanks alot! I'll put that "virtual" cash in my "virtual" Swiss bank account with the other MEE-LEE-ON "virtual" DAH-LURS!!!:(