Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Doublestick Foam Tape for attaching a Playing Ramp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Strings and Accessories' started by Lokire, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Does anybody have any BLACK doublestick foam tape by chance? I love my ramp, but it's black and that white tape on the edge looks pretty tacky :rollno: . I was thinking about just taking a sharpie to it, but that would get those chemicals up on the finish of the bass and with using that edge as a thumbrest and sweat and whatnot, it probably wouldn't be a real good idea :meh:

I found this, so I know the stuff exists. I just haven't found any small, affordable sizes.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cinemasupplies/scbldofota1x.html

Anyone got a couple strips? Or an idea on where I could look? Already checked the local drugstore, none there.

BTW: Took the ramp off today inbetween changing strings, and it did take quite a bit of work (that stuff is STRONG), but didn't leave any residue or marks on the finish - came off nice and clean :)

2. etnops

etnops

Nov 6, 2005
  3. Awesome - Thanks!!! :)

4. rnlytton

rnlytton

May 23, 2003
    Naples, FL
  5. Sweetness :)

I'm guessing I would want the rubber adhesive version?