1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Doublestick Foam Tape for attaching a Playing Ramp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Lokire, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Does anybody have any BLACK doublestick foam tape by chance? I love my ramp, but it's black and that white tape on the edge looks pretty tacky :rollno: . I was thinking about just taking a sharpie to it, but that would get those chemicals up on the finish of the bass and with using that edge as a thumbrest and sweat and whatnot, it probably wouldn't be a real good idea :meh:

I found this, so I know the stuff exists. I just haven't found any small, affordable sizes.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cinemasupplies/scbldofota1x.html

Anyone got a couple strips? Or an idea on where I could look? Already checked the local drugstore, none there.

BTW: Took the ramp off today inbetween changing strings, and it did take quite a bit of work (that stuff is STRONG), but didn't leave any residue or marks on the finish - came off nice and clean :)

2. etnops

etnops

Nov 6, 2005
  3. Awesome - Thanks!!! :)

4. rnlytton

rnlytton Supporting Member

May 23, 2003
    Naples, FL
  5. Sweetness :)

I'm guessing I would want the rubber adhesive version?