Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Doubt anyone can answer this, but ..

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mr.QuakQuak, Aug 23, 2003.

1. Would anyone happen to know what salary would possibly be for a Helicopter Pilot in the Northeastern area ? It could be a kick-ass job :)
    By the time I even get into college there won't be any computer jobs left !

2. I'm sure it'd be pretty decent dude. I mean,Helicopter pilots aren't to easy to find,especially skilled ones. *Shrug* Just ask around...good luck man:bassist:

3. Thanks. It would be such a cool job. Something I can sit there and go back to my highschool 20 year reunion and be like. "Hey Bob, your a computer technician and made fun of me in highschool? HAHA ! I pilot heli's for the State Police"

Now to only get someone to make fun of me. Damn my friendliness !!

4. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Chopper pilots are way cool. But getting a rotor winf license is VERY expensive. Just the rental on the aircraft alone can be 750 an hour and up. If you are serious, you may want to consider getting your training in the military. Most chopper pilots in the Army are Warrant Officers, which means no OCS. Spend a few years there, then come out with all your certifications free.

Mike

5. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    I found a few things you might find somewhat interesting...

Since you don't list the city where you live, I just did t is based out of Trenton, NJ.

Salary.com said that a helicopter pilot in Trenton, NJ could make anywhere from about $68,000 per year up to about $86,000 per year.

Clickhere to see the full report.

6. I'm in Bayonne. Thanks alot Ty. Military, I'd have to get in better shape for that :)

7. Pretty good for a flying taxi driver...
    :D

8. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I second what Dr. Mike has to say. The best pilots come out of the military. I don't know how competitive the helicopter pilot industry is, but if I were hiring a pilot I'd almost always pick the military trained person over a non-military trained person.

9. Thing is the military kinda controls you. You may not ALWAYS be what you want to be. And I really don't wan't to go to the military ...

10. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Meet the FAA. The military is a cake walk compared to the rules and regs of flying. Look into it and get back with us. You may change your mind.

Mike

11. I can always pick a different profession. I'm only a Junior in HS, so. Anyway my mother knows many people in Law Enforcent. It would be nice to be a Pilot for the State Troopers :)

12. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Never mind.

:rolleyes:

Mike

13. There is good pilot training in the the civilian arena. I know, I'm a pilot myself, although fixed wing, not helicopter. Nothing against military training at all, as excellent pilots certainly come from the military too. I believe the reason we see more pilots coming from the military is because of the expense to an individual finding training in the civilian world.

14. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    I agree, but, I doubt he has th $6000+ just to get a private much less the $10K+ for a rotor wing etc...

Mike