1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Doubt with my effects help please!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Nacho-Dread, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Nacho-Dread

Nacho-Dread

Oct 9, 2007
    Hi guys, i am having a big doubt with my effects chain... i practically have it all set it up, but i can´t decide where to place my Ultra Octaver... the order i have set my chain is the following

Luthier Bass with EMG active electronics and Duncan pickups (one is a musicman humbucker and the other a telecaster) into

MXR Distortion +
    Sansamp Programable DI
    EH Micro Q-Tron
    Boss CE-5
    Dod Stereo Flanger
    Boss LMB-3

i would really appreciate some help here... jeje when i have it all connected perfectly i will upload some pics of it! :D

2. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    What do you want to effect after it? Personally, I would put octave pedals before my distortion, but everyone has different tastes! I would move your MXR to next to last followed by your chorus. Different orders make different effects do different things.

What kind of music are playing at the moment?

3. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    Earth
    Octavers generally go first in line so they can get a good clean signal to track and generate an octave from. Sometimes they sound good after distortion but it can be more glitchy (which you might like!).

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021