1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dougie Thomson's bass circa Crime of the Century? (Supertramp content)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by ishouldbeking, Sep 29, 2010.

1. ishouldbeking

ishouldbeking

Feb 5, 2007
    Hollywood, CA
    Endorsing: SIT, Eastwood, Hanson
    Anyone know what Dougie was playing on that album or around that time? I've seen undated but old-looking pics of a Ric and a few Fenders, and I know he went to the Stingray around Breakfast in America, but I'm curious as his recorded tone on Crime of the Century (the album as a whole) is pretty spectacular. Punchy as hell, but round! Great tone. Any info would be great, thanks guys.

IMMusicRulz likes this.
  2. PhR

PhR

Dec 13, 2005
    Finland
    Many period pics show him with a natural '60s Jazz Bass so that might be one of the basses he used on the album.

IMMusicRulz likes this.
  3. IMMusicRulz

IMMusicRulz Commercial User

Aug 3, 2020
    Atlanta, GA
    I am a semi-professional musician
    And he also used a Rickenbacker on Crisis? What Crisis?

Both Crime Of The Century and Crisis? What Crisis? Are great albums. Love Dougie Thomson

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021