1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Douglas Pisces(RondoMusic) VS Squier 50's P Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by shawshank72, Jun 13, 2014.

1. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    Wondering if anyone has played both or at least the Douglas and can give some feedback about them.
    I understand the squier neck is bit of a baseball bat neck but the douglas seems to have a slim neck.
    Was wondering how they compare.

2. Sorry Shawshank

I meant to reply an hour back. I have one of these though not a Douglas, Rondo don't sell in the UK
    so Thomann in Germany sell these under their brand name Harley Benton.

Decent bass with classic looks, is it the sunburst or the white one you're after ? Mines is the sunburst
    has a well finished neck that's about as about as thick as my Squier P bass. Certainly it's not a bat.

Like I said mines a good bass and I'm very happy with it and I know of at least one other TB'er who owns
    one, pity his name escapes me ATM or you could message him. I'm sure you'll have seen posts about some
    problems with SX or Douglas basses well mines played straight out of the box, holds it tune, controls work
    no noise. I'm often surprised with comments you see 100s of posts about QC issues on Rics, Gibsons and
    Fenders yet no-one takes a blind bit of notice they still buy them yet a problem on a sub $200 bass and
    they're up in arms.

Another thing I find is if someone buys 1 bass from Rondo they generally buy more. So if you want a good
    quality working bass with classy looks I'd say you'd not go far wrong with the Douglas.

shawshank72 likes this.
  3. I owned a Douglas Pisces a few years ago, only paid $130 for it, was just curious how it compared to my Fenders. The body shape is a little different and the headstock is obviously different but the tone and playability were not too far off from the Fender '51 CIJ reissue I had. I ended up giving it to a friend who really liked it and still plays and gigs it pretty regularly.

shawshank72 and kodiakblair like this.
  4. Shawshank

The other TB'er with the Douglas is dabbler. Might be worth a PM to him for his thoughts.

5. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    Thank you

6. dabbler

dabbler

Aug 17, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Yeah, I have one, but here's the thing, I can't compare it to anything, because I've never played another 51. It's not a bass I play out, but after I put some flats on it, I really love mine! More than worth the price... especially, since I got mine on sale.