SOLD Douglas Violin-Style 3TS 3-Tone Sunburst Unlined Fretless with String Upgrade

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by subtlestew, Feb 9, 2018.

1. subtlestew

subtlestew Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2000
    Kent, CT
    Price:
    $169
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    Greetings, TB shoppers. This is a fun little fretless I picked up in a trade in a while back and, while I love it, it's just not getting played, as I'm pretty much sticking to long scale basses in an effort to not get confused switching between fretted and fretless. This little darlin' needs to be in the hands of someone who loves her.

The bass has loads of short scale thump. When I play it, I feel like I'm getting a fretless Macca thing going, and I like it. I want to start playing along with "Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey" or something. It also, with some knob-twiddling, can get a nice upright-ish thing going, and it even has a bit of mwah with the treble up, despite its flatwound strings. The condition is excellent and the set-up perfect, in my opinion - nice and low.

So why buy this one for $169 shipped CONUS when you could get one new from Rondo for $175 plus shipping? STRINGS! The Rondo strings are not known for their quality. I replaced them with short scale LaBella Low-Tension Flats, and these are super easy to play and sound awesome - buckets of chocolatey thump. I think you will love it too, if short-scale fretless is your thing.

$140 for local pickup here in beautiful rural NW CT.

Stats from Rondo:

• Stand out with this traditional violin style bass
    • Features a genuine tiger maple flamed top and back
    • This semi-hollow bass has tons of sustain and is fairly loud even without an amp
    • Features a maple truss-rod adjustable set neck with rosewood fingerboard and high quality electronics
    • 2 volume controls and a 1 tone control
    • Very thin, easy to play neck
    • Chrome hardware
    • Simply gorgeous
    • Overall length: 43"
    • Scale length: 30 1/3"
    • Body length: 17 3/4"
    • Width of lower bout: 12 1/2"
    • Width of upper bout 9 3/4"
    • Width of the neck at the nut: 1 1/2”
    • Width of the neck at the 22nd fret: 2 1/16"
    • Thickness of body: 2"
    • Dual coil pickup dimensions: 1 1/4" x 2 3/4"
    • String spacing at the bridge: 1 3/4"
    Pix:

DSC_0018.JPG DSC_0014.JPG DSC_0016.JPG DSC_0017.JPG DSC_0019.JPG DSC_0020.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Mastermold likes this.
  2. Tony G

Tony G Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Pm sent