1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Douglas WPB-955T Fretless 5-String -EN ROUTE...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by blowabs, Feb 17, 2008.

1. blowabs

blowabs

Apr 7, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    I just got one on order from Kurt @ Rondo...am i gonna love it? (B stock=$149)..it'll be here soon.
    (i have an SX FL with inlaid neck with lines, custom, bridge, custom pups and custom bridge, B-stock= $89!-- not bad at all) ( I have a Squier VM FL, too)

I do like the Douglas 955T FL 5 b/c of the neck thru, active pups (i have a passive Squier V), FL, bridge....

I am a little new to FL, and not used to unlined.... so i was wondering if it will be real tough, or will get used to it after awhile?

thanks
    allan

2. squidmaster

squidmaster

Feb 1, 2008
    I dunno, let me know tho I think I can convince my g/f that I deserve another bass if its uber cheap :hyper: I have heard good things tho, theres a thread or 2 somewhere on here mainly about the fretless 6ers. let me know how it is! I cant decide if I hope its good or FUBAR :( .. j/k! hope its good for your sake :)

3. ultralight23

ultralight23

Dec 14, 2007
    I've been playing it for almost three months now and I love it. Right out of the box, no set up or mods done and I think it sounds great. The tuners work extremely precise and the action, I think, is fine. I'm playing through a Fender Rumble 100 and I pretty much keep the EQ flat (sometimes I'll use the mid-scoop) and use the two tone knobs and pick-up balance on the douglas. I can get the tight bass thump or a drawn out growl from it. It feels really balanced and comfortable on my shoulder and I'm not worried about the straps pegs, they seem strong enough.

If you can't tell, I'm extremely pleased with my $200 purchase.

DanGR likes this.
  4. dakpluto

dakpluto

Oct 14, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Ah, wondered who got it.

5. blowabs

blowabs

Apr 7, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    its unlined..i chickened out....gonna get used to FL period.
    Down the road i'll get one for sure- it is very Jack Bruce like!

6. 50something

50something

Jun 4, 2007
    I hope they had two B-Stocks, or maybe not. I ordered it on the 22nd also. They said it had a small scratch right below the nut.

One of us might be getting an "A-Stock"

7. blowabs

blowabs

Apr 7, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    they had one.i cancelled my order though. YOu probably got it.