1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dowloading from Youtube to a Mac OS-X 10.5 these days?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Jack Clark, Aug 13, 2012.

1. I've moved the following posts over from another of my threads that I had highjacked myself:

Attached Files:

2. snowplow

snowplow

Jan 4, 2012
    Michigan
    If you are talking downloading to mp3's
    youtube-mp3.org use to work but now google is shutting it down. mp3ify.org is another. Google will lead you to one that works.
    If not, download a any video convertor.

3. No, I was asking about downloading video files themselves from Youtube. It used to be easy using Safari on a Mac, but recently--like within the past few months--Youtube has been somehow linking 1.7MB lengths of videos together to make each longer video, and they don't appear to be just .flv files anymore, either. I can't figure out how to download them these days so they work. (Some of the older videos seem to be being converted over to the new linked-1.7MB system, too.)

4. snowplow

snowplow

Jan 4, 2012
    Michigan
    Gothca. I used to download music vids with the program Any Video Convertor. You just copy the youtube link in the program and you can download it to the file of your chosing. I'm not sure if it works any more the previous updates were'nt working for me.

5. samurai1993

samurai1993

Jun 6, 2010
    Chile
    Have you tried Jdownloader? Works for me

6. Thanks, but JDownloader appears to be an .exe file for Windows. I need one for Mac OS-X 10.5.

7. DModer

DModer

Mar 28, 2008
    You have to paste the url of the youtube page into the field at the top and press the grey download button to the right of it. Ignore the green 'download now' and yellow 'play now' buttons.

Attached Files:

8. Now you seem to be suggesting that I just paste the youtube URL into the field as it is on the webpage instead of downloading the program first? Okay, I just tried that and all I get is a never-ending message saying: "Processing links, please wait . . ."

That's "links," plural, as if it's trying to download every video link on the page. In any case twenty minutes went by and nothing appears to be happening. Nothing shows in my Downloads window, either.

9. samurai1993

samurai1993

Jun 6, 2010
    Chile
    As far as I remember there are versions for Osx, Linux and Windows; but I'm not in a computer at the moment, so I can't check right now

10. Yeah, I finally did find an OSX version of JDownloader and I downloaded and installed it. However, I couldn't seem to get it to recognize any video at the youtube website, even while the video was playing.

11. Chrispurchase

Chrispurchase

Oct 24, 2007
    If your using google chrome I use this one which makes it as easy as what it used to be on safari