1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Down to learn the funk

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Dinosaur Karate, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Dinosaur Karate

Dinosaur Karate

Jan 12, 2013
    Hey TalkBass! What the hell is up? I'm Zach, I'm 20 years old and a Journalism major. I love punk, jazz, funk, and some alt rock. I've been looking to do grand, productive things in ample spare time other than drink too much tea and watch Adult Swim shows, so I decided to teach myself the ways of the versatile beast, bass guitar.

To iterate, I have little to absolutely no knowledge of music theory in general, but I am beginning a grand search to find the most useful people and instructions to grossly expand my ability so any bits of advice or referral of info would be awarded with undying gratitude.

I started out with and Ibanez Gio starter kit I got a long time ago, but recently through the power of sheer BS luck I was able to scoop up a Fender Mexican Deluxe Active J Bass for $250 and it has served me well in the couple months as I have grown in skill.

Thanks for at least reading my intro. Happy picking, folks!

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021